With new HD standards being adopted by TV stations and homes throughout the world, audiences are demanding a higher quality, surround sound experience. Broadcast audio operators also have to handle increasingly complex productions with ease—from news to sports to live show production, in the studio or on the road, with a zero fault tolerance. That’s why modern broadcasters look to the System 5-B—a standalone, high-performance digital audio mixing system that represents the pinnacle of broadcast digital audio console design to handle any challenge.
Get power on demand to mix the biggest television shows and live events with a powerful DSP Super Core engine, industry leading ergonomics, and flexible modular I/O options. Gain rich visual feedback from LED color coded rotary controls, as well as high resolution TFT’s for metering, routing, processing, and more. And with 100% redundancy, you get peace of mind during every second of your broadcast.
- Handle the largest productions with the DSP SuperCore engine (expandable to over 450 channels)
- Expand and customize the modular surface and I/O for your needs
- Control 48 multiformat Masters (configurable as stereo to 7.1) on any channel strip
- Get precision control with eight touch-sensitive knobs and a motorized 100mm fader per channel
- Setup and control your mixes with SnapShot Recall and GPI for live events
- Configure and recall custom surface assignments using Layouts
- Get quick access to multiformat sources and control groups with user-definable Spill zones
- Enable hassle free feeds with the N-1 mix-minus bus
- View metering, routing, panning, and EQ/dynamics visual feedback on high-resolution TFT displays
- Integrate with Ross OverDrive systems and facility routers
- Mix multichannel audio, up to 7.1 surround
- Tackle the largest productions with up to 32 MADI ins and outs (2,048 x 2,048 channels @48 kHz)
- Get 100% reliability with the completely redundant DSP engine, including channels, MADI router, and MADI I/O